Thursday, October 16, 2014

Birth story...

...Jonathan and I had a date night on Friday 6/6/14. The moment we left for dinner I started having contractions. They were random and noticeable, but i could talk, eat, etc. they lasted around 3 hours and then went away. I really didn't experience many more throughout the weekend. Monday morning I stated having the same type of contractions around 7am, and I only assumed they would go away after a couple hours like they did before. As the morning went on they didn't go away, but started to get a little stronger, but still not consistent. After laying Sadie down for a nap around 1pm, I decided to lay down too (guessing the contractions would slow down). But all too soon, not only did they get significantly stronger, but were suddenly coming every 8-10 minutes. I decided to call my in-laws to come stay with Sadie (they are about 25 mins away in Greenbrier), and also let my doula know (who told me to let her know if they got to 5 mins apart). Jonathan is at work just down the street (approx. 7 mins away.) These contractions lasted for around 30-40 mins. They then went from 8-10 mins apart to NO minutes apart. I then began feeling a lot of pressure, which I knew was not good! Haha I had to call Jonathan 4 times for him to answer. I yelled, "get home now!!!" My in laws were not here yet and there was no time to wait. I told Jonathan to leave the car running, grab Sadie out of her bed, and get in the car!! At this time, I was pretty calm on the outside, but panicking on the inside. I really did not think we were going to make it. 

I pushed the whole way there. My water broke when we were only a few minutes away, in the front seat of the car (sorry Jonathan :)). Luckily I was sitting on a towel, so that helped ;). It was a pretty uneasy car ride there. We pulled right up to the front door, and had them valet park the car. As Jonathan pushed me quickly in the wheelchair, Sadie (bless her heart) ran right along next to us (in her pajamas no less). 

The second the elevator doors opened, the nursing directors secretary saw us and immediately realized the urgency of the situation. She scooped Sadie up In her arms, and took us quickly where we needed to go. I immediately got in the bed, the nurse checked me, and yelled "I need someone in here now!"  Thankfully there was a doctor who had just finished up with another patient, and was sitting at the desk. She quickly gowned and gloved, and Charlotte arrived a short 7 minutes later. The doctor on call for my doctor, made it in time to deliver the placenta and stitch me up (only a minor tear). My doula arrived shortly after it was all said and done too. We later found out that she had called ahead for us, and a team was actually waiting for us, but we went in a different entrance. She was born before they realized we weren't coming in that way. Meanwhile Sadie was entertaining the nurses/checking us into the hospital. :) they could not get enough of her. She handle the situation with ease. I was so proud of her. She never panicked or got upset. It could have gone so differently. I was so grateful she did so good. She was only worried about the fact that she still had her pajamas on. ;) 

We later looked back at our houses alarm system history, and we closed our garage door at 4:18pm, and Charlotte was born at 4:50pm.  :) whew! 

Charlotte Olivia was born at 4:50pm on June 9, 2014, 7lbs 6oz, 19 1/2" long and absolutely perfect. She looked just like Sadie! 

Thank you God for another sweet baby girl, who we are madly in love with! I am so grateful for the chance to have another successful natural childbirth. I am so passionate about the process of childbirth, and understand that I am very blessed to have no complications to prevent me from my birth of choice. I am toying with the idea of a future career change...childbirth educator, lactation consultant, and possible a doula! Not sure on the timeline, but I see it in the future. :) FYI I am not really proof reading this post. :) it only took me 4 months to write haha and I out of time right now, and just want it to be done!! I know there is so much I am leaving out! She is here happy and healthy! And my recovery was quick and "easy". I really do feel like my placenta pills helped as well; hormonaly, helped milk come in faster, more energy, etc. 













No comments:

Post a Comment