Wednesday, August 4, 2010

32 Weeks 4 days..

...here is a picuture of me at 32 weeks and 1 day. I had a check up with my doctor yesterday and it went great! I am still feeling pretty good, I really can't complain. Of course I have some minor discomfort when bending over and things like that, and I get up 3-4 times a night to go to the bathroom......but nothing I can't handle. haha I am feeling my belly stretch, and have a lot of tightness across the top of my abdomen. I am not sure how much more those muscles can stretch! haha Although, I know they will! I have gained 17 lbs, my blood pressure is still great, no swelling yet, and measuring at 31. Sadie's heartbeat sounds great and is going strong.

I can't believe things are getting so close. We have found a doula, which I am very excited about. She is a friend that goes to church with us. I think she will be an incredible help during the labor and birth process and I am so thankful to have her. My doctor is on board with me attempting natural childbirth. I plan on laboring at home as long as possible before going to the hospital. This is where our doula will come into play for sure. The thought of this is a little overwhelming, but also very exciting. The fear of the unknown is still there, but I know that God will be guiding me and will give me the strength to do this. Our bodies are truely amazing!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you, Bethany! I can't wait to hear about your "natural" experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah me too Carman. I really hope it works out. I have high hopes, but I know things happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! I as well can't wait to hear about your birthing experience. I honestly wish I wouldn't been more aware of/coached in the benefits before having my three! I wish you the best in it and pray it does work as God plans for a healthy delivery to work!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are sooo cute!!! I too cannot wait to hear about your experience. Everybody's story is so fun to hear b/c they are all so different. Get some rest and stay out of the heat :) Baby Sadie will be here soon!!!

    ReplyDelete