Thursday, January 17, 2013

Christmas...

...was in Mississippi this year.  We joined Jonathan's grandparents and celebrated at there house.  We enjoyed some down time with them, and got out to see some Christmas lights and festivities in the area.  It was nice to see family, but unfortunately Sadie and I were both sick.  Sadie had a cough, very runny nose, and fever.  I had a nasty sinus infection.  So, sadly Sadie was not near as excited to open her presents as we thought she would be this year.  :( Oh well, what do you do?  She did not get anything to big or exciting this year either.  The big items we would like her to have are going to have to wait until we have a house to put them in :) Not to mention, she didn't ask for anything ;)  so we took advantage and just went for some lower priced, smaller things that we knew she would like.  We know Christmas's like that won't last much longer! haha

We talked a lot about baby Jesus and how we were celebrating his birthday, and read the story many times from her Bible in the weeks before.  We also talked about Santa, but she really didn't quite understand.  Christmas morning, after asking her if she wanted to go see if Santa brought her anything, she said, "no Mommy, Santa didn't come, he is coming on Thursday." haha not sure where she got that, but she did not run down the stairs with excitment :) 

We came home Christmas day, to snow/ice and no electricity for the next 24 hours.  We made it through the night, and the next day spent a few hours at an IHOP that had power, as well as some friends house who had a generator and a gas fireplace. 

Although, it was not perfect, we are still thankful for our family and friends that we got to see and celebrate the birth of Jesus with.

***As always, I know this post is way behind, but in my defense I have tried to post this several times and it will not let me upload pictures!!!!  And I really wanted pictures in my Christmas post!!!  Not sure why I can't upload pictures.  Any of my 2 readers ever have a problem??  Sorry for 2 long, pictureless posts today ;)**

No comments:

Post a Comment