Friday, April 5, 2013

Oil...

...really?!? Well, on Friday 3/29 we signed the papers and officially became 1st time homeowners!!! Woo hoo! We were so excited, and were set to start moving in the following Wednesday. So, as I write this today, I should be sitting in my new house, but instead I am still in my apartment surrounded by packed boxes. We owned our home for less than 2 hours before we found out that an oil pipeline burst in our neighborhood, and oil was flowing down our street. Although the oil was flowing down our street, it flowed down the opposite side. So, our house was not directly affected except for the smell (which was incredibly potent). all of the homes in the neighborhood were evacuated. Homeowners were allowed back in the next day, minus our street. :( our sellers still have all of their things in our home.

I am still in shock that this happened. This story is on the national news since Exxon is responsible. We have no idea when will be able to move or if we ever will. :( we have no idea what our property value will be (which besides safety, it is our biggest concern).

We have a lawyer, and will most likely be involved in a personal claim towards Exxon as well as a neighborhood lawsuit. We, as well as the rest of the neighborhood, were never told about the pipeline. We also don't know what the future issues (health included) will be.

Although we are doing our best to stay positive about all of this, as the days go by my frustrations are building. I am sad to not get to experience the joy of moving my family into our first home. Luckily, our lease on our apartment isn't up until 4/29. So, hopefully we will now where we will be living before then.

Praising God even for my struggles! He is teaching me patience for sure. We are hopeful that no matter what happens, we will come out on top in the end.

Check out Jonathan on the local news ;)

http://m.thv11.com/localnews/article?a=258492&f=930

2 comments:

  1. Oh Bethany, thats awful! I am so sorry! I will be praying that the Lord works it all out and that you have a home to live in soon!!

    ReplyDelete