After the baby is born, they will do similar testing on them at newborn, 3, 6, 9, and 12 months. Instead of $50 at these appointments, I get a free year of diapers!!!! Woo hoo the baby will also have a 12 mth, 18 mth, and 2 year appointment, and we receive $100 for each of these. If we complete the study, we get an additional $100. Hooray for money and diapers!! :)
Monday, March 10, 2014
Research...
...have I mentioned I am involved in a research study at AR Children's Hospital?? I am too lazy to look back at old post to check :). It is a study of the health and nutrition of a Mom while pregnant and health and nutrition of the baby once they are born. I go to an appointment every 4-6 weeks, and get paid $50 each time. I started with a pre-pregnancy appointment, and then began regular appointments at 6-8 weeks along. Each appointment typically includes: blood draw, urine specimen, checking body fat with calipers and getting in a Bod Pod. They test how many calories I burn while resting, which requires me to lay completely still for 30 minutes, and not fall asleep, with a big "bubble" around my head. This would actually be enjoyable if you could fall asleep :) I also provide multiple days of food records, and have even had some psychological testing done (that was interesting!) haha. They also provide a "coach" to help with any nutrition questions you may have, or options to help to gain a healthy amount of weight etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment