Monday, March 10, 2014

25 Weeks...

...25 weeks and counting! Miss Charlotte is growing big and strong, and I am loving feeling all her kicks and wiggles. My favorite part of pregnancy. :) I still feel great, and cannot complain. So very thankful for another easy and enjoyable pregnancy. I know it could be the opposite. Although I feel great, I have had more "pain" in my hips/tailbone/etc. this time around. But nothing a good chiropractor :) and some stretching can't fix! I have gained 13 lbs so far ( a little bigger than I was with Sadie at this point, I had gained only 10 at 24 weeks with her). Her latest heartbeat was 160bpm, the highest it has been. I will have another ultrasound at 28 weeks, to make sure my placenta has come back up on its own like it's supposed to. Looking forward to seeing her again, and how much she has grown! 

I am working on her nursery. A friend's mom is making a bumper for me, and I am making a dust ruffle with strips of material (like shown below). I also plan on putting some of the materials in embroidery hoops as decoration on the walls. The flower pattern will be the outer part of the bumper, and the purple/eggplant color will be on the inside. The others will be included in the dust ruffle and on the walls. So excited so see the finished product!!! 

Sadie is so excited about being a big sister. She talks to her daily, and likes to feel her move. I can't believe how big she is some days. I know she will only look bigger with Charlotte gets here. She is so smart, and is really into crafts right now (and learning to use scissors). She is getting better and better at phonics and writing letters. She loves games and puzzles, and of course, her baby dolls. :) I can see her using her imagination more and more while playing, and she loves to make up songs. I am so proud to be her mommy! 
Looking forward to meeting another sweet baby girl. I have hired my doula, and praying that God will allow my body to do what he created it to do naturally again. After such an amazing experience with Sadie, I can't imagine doing it any other way. I will also be encapsulating my placenta this time around. Go ahead, call me gross, or a hippy or whatever, haha but research it, educate yourself! The benefits outweigh the ick factor for me big time. After experiencing post-partum depression with Sadie, I have NO desire to go through that again!!! And placenta encapsulation is a drug free way to help that, among other things. People think I am weird and crazy, but I don't care :) No matter what happens, God is in control, and it will embrace that. Can't wait to be a mommy of 2! 



No comments:

Post a Comment