I went to the doctor yesterday for my 12 week check up (although I won't technically be 12 weeks until tomorrow). Everything went great! Jonathan was unfortunately stuck in clinic, so he wasn't able to go with me. My wonderful boss Krystal volunteered to come along for the ride and kept me company while I waited on the doctor. We got to hear the heartbeat again! That sound will never get old. I even recorded it on my phone and sent it to Jonathan so he could hear it too! The baby's little heart was beating strong at 156 bpm (which is perfectly normal). I haven't gained any weight yet, although I sure feel a pound or 2 heavier :) My doctor said that was fine, but told me to be eating more. Basically she wants me eating around 7 times a day, or every 2 hours or so. That's a lot of food! haha I also found out that my blood type is A-. Which is nothing to worry about necessarily, but I will have to get injection of Rhogam at 28 weeks and after birth in order to protect the baby in case our blood was to ever mix. Is has to do with the Rh factor. Basically, if my blood somehow got into the baby's bloodstream.....my blood would attack the baby's blood. The injection of Rhogam makes it so that if something were to happen my body would attack the Rhogam as opposed to the babies blood. I will have do this for every pregnancy I have. My doctor says it is nothing to worry about and that it is not uncommon.
I will hopefully get a chance to take another picture of my belly tomorrow. Strangers probably wouldn't notice anything different, but I definitely feel like I am showing. It really just looks like I just got done eating a really big meal :)
Not much going on this weekend. Jonathan is unfortunately in class all weekend again, and I am getting my hair cut (chopping it off short again) and babysitting for a friend.
oh bethany, trust me, i am totally with you on feeling like you are getting big! ha. I haven't gained any weight either, but for some reason all of my clothes are tighter. I go for my twelve wk appoinment on thursday! And don't you just love hearing the heart beat? its like heaven to a new mothers ears. So glad we are going through this journey at almost the exact same time. :)
ReplyDeletehaha thanks girl. It is nice to know someone else feels the same way! :) Yes, the heartbeat is amazing!!! And now that I have it on my phone I listen to it all the time! haha Hope your appointment goes well on Thurs.!
ReplyDelete