Wednesday, April 17, 2013

House update...

...well, we are finally making some progress on the house.  Our sellers were able to get there things out last Wednesday, and they also cleaned our duct work that day.  Sunday, we "vented" the house.  We had a specific way to do this that took about 4 hours and including changing the filters, running fans, opening windows, etc.  On Monday, we had an air quality test done, and no toxins were detected.  We are having another air quality test done today by a different company.  Neither were from Exxon, one was from the EPA and today is from the Attorney General.  After this, we will have our house cleaned.  I THINK after this process is done, we should have the option to move in.  Although we may stay put for a little longer, just because our street is a massive construction zone.  Our street is still blocked off, big trucks/machinary are everywhere, and the it is quite noisey!  So our move in date is still to be determined.  Exxon is beginning to try and settle/make deals with us.  This process will take some time.  We have a lawyer, and will be making our own personal claim to Exxon and well as probably joining in a neighborhood class action lawsuit.  Our first concern, is our safety living there, and secondly, is our property value.  The option to sell our house to Exxon is there, we are unsure what we will do at this point.  We are trying to stay positive and just take it one day at a time.  For the most part we have done that, but we have each had our bad days (see pictures below).  A window in my apartment recently filled with water after a storm and soaked part of my couch.  Later that same day, someone rear ended me. These on top of the stuff with our house, I had a melt down day.  I am better now, but I know there will be hard days ahead with having to finally make decisions and start dealing with financial things.  I am just praying that God will guide us in the right decisions to make and that we will listen.  Right now, I am learning patience and how to lean on Him more.  I am prasing Him for my struggles, so that hopefully I will grow closer to Him through it all!  We are still living in and around a lot of boxes.  We are just ready to be settle and comfortable again. 
 
Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens.  This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (The Message)


No comments:

Post a Comment